Powerful, warm, fruity,caramel sweet oder, fruity in dilution.
CAS # 118-71-8
FEMA # 2656
At 100.00 ppm. Sweet, cotton candy, caramellic, with jammy fruity and berry notes
Mosciano, Gerard P&F 17, No. 4, 33, (1992)
Can use up to 8% of total fragrance concentrate.
Can use up to 100.0000 ppm in the flavor.
(This product is NOT the same as ETHYL MALTOL)
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
For Chemical Emergency during Transportation: Call CHEMTREC 24 Hours at 1-800-424-9300
1. PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION
Product Name: MALTOL
2. COMPOSITON/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
- CAS #: 118-71-8
- FEMA #: 2656
- HTC #: 2932.90.5000.9
3. HAZARD IDENTIFICATION
- HMIS Classification Health: 1 Flammability: 1 Reactivity: 0
4. EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES
- Inhalation: If headache, nausea, or drowsiness occurs, remove to fresh air and consult a physician.
- Eye Contact: Remove contact lenses. Flush eyes with cool water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, consult a physician.
- Skin Contact: Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash effected area thoroughly with soap and water. Consult a physician if symptoms persist.
- Ingestion: If conscious and can swallow, give water to dilute and consult a physician or poison control center immediately.
5. FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
- Flash Point: >93 °C
- Recommended Extinguishing Media : Foam Dry Chemical Carbon Dioxide Water Fog
- Recommended Fire Fighting Procedure: Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing when fighting fires involving chemicals. Prevent Contact with skin and eyes. Use water spray to cool containers exposed to fire.
- Development of hazardous combustion gases or vapors possible in the event of fire.
- Special Risks, if applicable: Water is unsuitable for use on burning material, but may be used to cool containers exposed to heat.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Procedures in Case of Accidental Release, Breakage or Leakage:
- Remove any source of ignition.
- If in confined area, use NIOSH approved respiratory protection and other protective equipment.
- Absorb the spilled material with vermiculite or other absorbent material.
- Avoid inhaling vapor. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing.
- Dispose of material in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
7. HANDLING AND STORAGE
- Handling: Avoid breathing vapors. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing.
- Storage: Store in full sealed containers in cool, dry, ventilated place away from sources of ignition. Keep containers upright and tightly closed when not in use.
8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PROTECTION INFORMATION
- Ventilation Protection: Ventilation meeting ACGIH standards should be employed.
- Respiratory Protection: Respiratory protection is normally not required in well ventilated area.
- Eye Protection: Eye protection should be worn at all times.
- Skin Protection: Chemical resistant gloves are recommended.
- Others: Use protective clothing as necessary.
9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Appearance/Color: White crystalline powder.
- Odor Description: Pleasant caramel-butterscotch odor and warm fruity, strawberry aroma.
- Refractive Index: N/A
- Specific Gravity: N/A
- Boiling Point: N/A
- Melting Point: 161 -162 °C
- Solubility: 1 g/82 ml @ 25 °C
- Vapor Pressure: 0.2 mmHg @ 20 °C
- Vapor Density (Air =1): N/A
10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
- Protect from light and air.
- Avoid sources of ignition.
- Avoid contact with strong acids, alkali or oxidizing agents.
- Usually stable.
11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- Oral LD50: None established.
- Dermal LD50: None established.
- Inhalation LC50: None established.
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- Do not allow to enter water, waste water or soil.
13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Dispose of in accordance with state, local and federal regulations.
14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- Ground Shipping (USDOT): Not regulated.
- Air shipping (IATA): Not regulated.
- Ocean Shipping (IMDG): Not regulated.
15. REGULATORY INFORMATION
This substance contains no materials subject to the reporting requirements of Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 Title III Section 313.
16. OTHER INFORMATION
Disclaimer: The information in this MSDS was obtained from current and reliable sources. However the data is provided without any warranty, expressed or implied, regarding its correctness or accuracy. It is the user’s responsibility both to determine safe conditions for use of this product and to assume liability for loss, injury, damage, or, expense resulting from improper use of this product.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!